As the most prestigious guitar competition in the Southern Hemisphere, the Adelaide International Classical Guitar Competition attracts competitors from all over the world.
The competition provides a unique opportunity for emerging artists to gain exposure and experience on an international stage.
Each year I’m so impressed with the standard of talented musicians this competition attracts from around the world. Slava Grigoryan
Three prizes will be awarded:
• plus a Redgate Guitar, valued at USD$16,000
• plus an invitation to perform at the next Adelaide Guitar Festival
The first three cash prizes for Adelaide Guitar Festival’s Classical Guitar Competition are provided by the Adelaide Festival Centre Foundation, supporting young guitarists from all over the world to attend this internationally acclaimed competition.
Applications are now closed. Applications closed 26 January 2018.
- Courante from 3rd Lute Suite, BWV 995 – J. S. Bach
- Dance for the white spirits – Paul Stanhope
- 1 Free Choice piece, maximum length 6 minutes